Y LEAP Academy
A full-day program designed in partnership with individual school districts to support kids and families with distance learning and school-day care along with the enrichment activities, social emotional learning, and play that the Y is known for. Families can expect:
- Student support for distance learning.
- Small circle groups based on grades that foster companionship and connection.
- Recess opportunities so kids get the recommended 60 minutes of play time every day.
- Shared meal times to give kids the opportunity to connect in their groups face-to-face.
- SCALED Learning? Curriculum for enrichment activities that encourage kids to try new things and time each day for youth choice in unstructured play.
- Adherence to all CDC, state and local public health guidelines to keep kids and families safe and healthy, including requiring face coverings for all students and staff.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Grades: Kindergarten to 5th or 6th, depending on school district
- Y Facility Members $275
- Community Members $325
Affordable for all: The Y is committed to ensuring all families have access to quality and enriching programs. We accept Working Connections Child Care (WCCC) subsidy at many locations. In addition, the Y provides financial assistance and a sliding fee schedule.
Everyone is welcome. The YMCA of Greater Seattle strengthens communities in King and south Snohomish counties through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Financial assistance is available.